Friday, October 19, 2007

Asian Girl







"It's just my modern aspect coming out," said the diminutive Asian designer after showing 75 looks in her "Modern Art" show, many of which featured hand-painted silks reminiscent of Calder, Miró, Picasso, and Matisse.

"I'm a great lover of modern art," she continued, "I have a huge collection of modern art myself, which inspired me for this collection. It's more youthful, more energetic, more vibrant. Just more fun!"

Models sported crazy hair to go with the colorful geometric and swirly patterns in the dresses, which ranged from bubble minis and short trapeze and batwing styles to long sweeping gowns. Beverly Hills hair guru Maxime designed special multi-colored hairpieces for each girl, and Melanie Lewis and the M.A.C. Pro Team added day-glo bright lipstick and shadow (in green, blue, purple, etc.), creating a to-the-extreme mod look.

No comments: